IBM Z Day is a free 1-day enterprise computing virtual conference for anyone and everyone! Hear the latest about IBM Z and LinuxONE, and join our lineup of global thought leaders who will highlight industry trends and innovation spanning Hybrid Cloud, AI, Quantum-Safe Security, and more!
Connect, learn, and be inspired by what's brewing in the labs, hear from community members as they share experiences, discover new and exciting innovation, learn how to adopt a hybrid cloud infrastructure that integrates data and AI for real-time insights, accelerate your digital transformation and modernization journey and hear what's on the minds of thought leaders.
1-DAY VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
200+ INDUSTRY SPEAKERS
LEARNING PLATFORM FOR ALL
Build an AI-infused, cyber resilient hybrid cloud platform.
Unlock industry-first, unmatched quantum-safe security, achieve up to eight nines availability to recover systems without data loss and deliver ground-breaking innovation with greater productivity and a lower carbon footprint. Explore use cases and community experiences delivering an optimized, responsible, competitive business. Create, innovate and future proof with IBM Z.
Accelerate application modernization and AIOps across IBM Z and Cloud.
Leverage APIs to access applications and data, implement enterprise DevOps with an integrated CI/CD pipeline and full application observability, containerize applications and simplify data access across platforms. Learn how IBM is infusing AI into application modernization. Hear from clients, partners and global thought leaders on why and how they see IBM Z as an essential part of their hybrid cloud strategy. Learn from their experiences and why modernizing applications and AIOps with IBM Z has never been easier.
Leverage existing investments with AI that accelerate business outcomes with trust and transparency.
The Data & AI on IBM Z’s portfolio offers resilient, efficient, no-compromise enterprise data serving for the world’s most demanding hybrid cloud, transactional, and analytics applications on IBM Z. Hear from clients, partners and global thought leaders on why and how they leverage Data & AI capabilities with IBM Z's industry first low-latency inferencing chip with real-time AI for optimized transaction processing enabling enterprises everywhere to transform and modernize their data platforms and monetize hidden insights in data.
Data & AI
Data & AI track begins at 8AM ET. Earn a certificate!
Build a sustainable infrastructure with IBM Z and LinuxONE.
Sustainability is high on the agenda for everyone - from developers to the boardroom. CEOs understand that when productivity, profitability and sustainability coexist they support profit and planet. But many organizations struggle to turn sustainability ambitions into action. This track will bring together environmental thought leaders with IT experts and business leaders to look at what sustainability is, how IT can help identify and reduce energy usage, and where IBM Z and LinuxONE are already making a positive impact on our planet.
Skill up and take your career to new heights!
Get free in-depth training with like-minded professionals, students and lifelong learners from all around the world who come together to advance their skills & learn from subject matter experts. Don’t miss this opportunity to participate in many hands-on coding activities designed for everyone, as you grow your network and advance your career.
IBM Z Skills Acceleration
Extended IBM Z Skills track begins at 3AM ET. Earn a certificate!
IBM Z Day Knowledge Certificates
New to IBM Z Day this year, we’re excited to announce that you can earn exclusive Knowledge Certificates in the areas of Data & AI and IBM Z® Skills at IBM Z Day 2023! You’ll be able to learn new skills, earn the certificate, and then post about your accomplishment with it digitally showcased on your profile! (LinkedIn, Facebook or PDF download)
IBM Z Day 2023 - Data & AI Skills Certificate
Earn this certificate by completing the 5 sessions listed below either live, or via replay during the 7 day period after the event (by Oct 25, 2023). There will be a short knowledge quiz to earn the certificate.
Required Data & AI Sessions:
1. Opening Keynote: Reimagining AI for the Enterprise featuring Ross Mauri (General Manager, IBM Z & LinuxONE, IBM) and Global Tech Influencer Dr. Ian Cutress (TechTechPotato).
2. AI Keynote: Revolutionizing Enterprises with AI on IBM Z – A Deep Dive into Cutting-Edge Trends and Use Cases featuring Elpida Tzortzatos (IBM Fellow - CTO AI for IBM Z & LinuxONE, CTO z/OS)
3. Combine Generative AI with insights from your data (Demo) featuring Donna Dillenberger (IBM Fellow, CTO Hybrid Cloud Systems, IBM Research), Rajesh Bordawekar (Principal RSM, Db2 for zOS SQL Data Insights and pyAIDB, GPU Acceleration, IBM Research)
4. AI Deployment in the Real World, from Predictive AI to Generative AI featuring Eric Siegel (Founder, Machine Learning Week)
5. How Nedbank brings analytics to IBM Z data featuring Daniel Hamiel (Senior Technical Consultant, Nedbank), Mehmet Goksu (Executive IT Specialist, IBM)
IBM Z Day 2023 - IBM Z Skills Certificate
Earn this certificate by completing the 4 sessions listed below either live, or via replay during the 7 day period after the event (by Oct 25, 2023). There will be a short knowledge quiz to earn the certificate.
Required IBM Z Skills Sessions:
(Select the session that best aligns to your time zone from each of the 4 categories below to earn your certificate)
1. Get Hands-On with IBM Z Xplore:
• Session Title: Accelerate your next level of mainframe skills wizardry with IBM Z Xplore
• Choose 1 of 3 sessions available: 4:30 am ET, 10:30 am ET, 12:30 pm ET
2. Get Hands-On with an hour of code
• Session Title: Hour of Code - zNextGen COBOL and the modern mainframe (6 am ET)
3. Taking ownership of your career
• Session Title: Empowering Your Journey: The Future is Bright with IBM Z
• Choose 1 of 2 sessions available: 3:30 am ET | 8:30 am ET
4. Your network is your networth
• Session Title: Find Your Community: networking, technical user groups & skills sharing
• Choose 1 of 2 sessions available: 7 am ET | 2 pm ET
2. Complete the sessions from one or both of the certificate requirements above.
3. The BeMyApp team will verify you’ve completed the sessions and will send an email to you with a link to a short, web-based knowledge quiz.
4. Upon successful completion of the quiz, receive an email from BeMyApp via VirtualBadge* and select to authenticate via Facebook, Linkedin, or download a PDF.
5. Post about your accomplishment and see the certificate appear on your profile!
*An example of the email to activate badge:
*Earn these certificates by completing the required sessions live, or via replay during the 7 day period after the event (by Oct 25, 2023). There will be a short knowledge quiz to earn the certificate. Certificates and communications issued by IBM Z Day Event Platform Partner BeMyApp Co.
Keynote Speakers and Featured Thought Leaders
Dr. Ian Cutress
Vice President, IBM Z EcosystemIBM
Chief Analyst, More Than Moore Global Tech InfluencerTechTechPotato
IBM Fellow - CTO AI for IBM Z &LinuxONE, CTO z/OSIBM
General Manager, IBM Z & LinuxONEIBM
Bello Fils Bertrand
Mainframe AnalystLeading Financial Instituition
Dr May East
Vice President of IBM Z SoftwareIBM
FounderMachine Learning Week
Vice President and Principal AnalystMoor Insights & Strategy